Grilled Peaches and Cream
This time of year peaches are everywhere! And, as a good Georgia girl I felt it necessary to throw in a peach recipe. I always try to take advantage of the fruits & veggies that are in season & before these peaches start to fade away until next summer, I thought I’d share my favorite way to enjoy them! Grilled!
They’re incredibly luscious & juicy when you throw them on a grill (or grill pan, as in my case). You’re welcome to do these on your grill – I just like the ease & convenience of my grill pan. Plus, I seem to be able to control my grill marks a little better inside. *wink wink*
You’re going to be licking your fingers over this dish and if you’ve not experienced Cardamom you’re in for a treat! I KNOW it’s a little pricey for a little jar of spice, but it’s SO worth it & you really only use a pinch or so (it’s powerful stuff!). And no worries, I’m sure to have some more recipes including this little exotic beauty soon!
Tips: Don’t forget to take out your cream cheese to let it come to room temperature (it’s quite a hassle to cream it if not. Trust me, you’ll get a lumpy bumpy cream mixture & who wants that?) Remember when adding your heavy whipping cream & honey to start off slow, taste it & adjust. You’ll know when it’s to the right consistency & sweetness for your taste buds!
On top of being dee-lish, this is simply gawgeous on the plate! Your guests will be singing your culinary praises & you’ll be saying, “Why, thank you, but it really wasn’t any trouble at all.” They don’t have to know how easy peasy it was!
Have you ever had Cardamom? I’m hooked & can’t wait to put the rest of my jar to good use!
What You Will Need:
- 4-6 peaches, halved with pit removed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 brick of cream cheese - room temperature
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- cardamom - couple of dashes
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
What To Do:
- Spray a grill pan with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over peaches. Place the peaches flesh side down onto your grill pan. Cook just a few minutes until the peaches have nice grill marks and have started to release their juices.
- While peaches are cooling, in a mixer, add: cream cheese and mix with your paddle attachment until creamy. Add a little heavy whipping cream until it's to the consistency of yogurt (about 1/4 cup). Add honey and mix well.
- Check for taste. If it's not sweet enough for your taste buds add a little more honey. Sprinkle in a dash of Cardamom.
- To assemble: place a nice dollop into the well of the peach. Drizzle with honey and additional cardamom if desired.