Olive and Sun Dried Tomato Tapenade Crostini
I was contacted by Mezzetta awhile back with information on how to throw a 20 minute Miracle Party. Um 20 minutes? Yeah, do tell me more please ; ) So they graciously sent me a few complimentary jars of Mezzetta Products and some information & ideas on how to pull this off… So are you a little skeptical? I sure was. But hey, I’m game… so bring it on…
I do always try to keep things simple when I’m entertaining at home. I do as much before hand as possible so that I can enjoy my time with my friends. But of course, Italians have known this secret to effortless entertaining – keep it simple & use the best quality ingredients available. & When entertaining, I think an appetizer spread is a great option! So go ahead & cross off entertaining from your list this holiday season. With a quick trip to the market & a handful of Mezzetta products you can create the ultimate 20 minute Mezzetta Miracle Party! I did!
The friendly folks at Mezzetta even put together the following list of ideas to get you started. Here’s what they suggested…
MEZZETTA MARTINI BAR: Get the party started right by offering savory, spicy, traditional or even a Gibson with Mezzetta’s selection of Martini Olives, Stuffed Olives & yes, of course Cocktail Onions.
MAKE ME A CROSTINI: Create a tasty spread of crostini toppers for guests to choose from like Roasted Red Pepper & Feta, Lemon Artichoke Parmigiano, Ricotta & Kalamata Olive, Baked Goat Cheese in Marinara
TRIO OF TAPENADES: Whip up Mezzetta’s easy recipes for a Sun-Dried Tomato, Kalamata Olive and Artichoke and Green Olive Tapenade and add them to your Crostini bar for additional flavors & colors.
ULTIMATE ANTIPASTI: Pair some of your favorite meats & cheeses w/Artichoke Hearts, Red/Yellow Roasted Peppers, Castelvetrano Olives, Golden Greek Peperonicini & anything else your heart desires!
I had a party to go to this weekend & this was a fabulous opportunity to put this to the test! I decided to make my own variation of a Crostini w/Sun Dried Tomato & Olive Tapenade using my complimentary Mezzetta products! It was DEE-LICIOUS! & a complete smash hit at the party! It made enough Tapenade to cover 2 large baguettes so it’s definitely budget friendly which is an added bonus! In the time the Crostini were toasting you could whip up the Tapenade Mixture in the Food Processor! Does it get any easier than that? I think not!
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup garlic stuffed oliives - Drained
- 1 cup black olives - Drained
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespooncapers - Drained
- 1/2 cup sun-ripened dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/3 cup - 1/2 cup olive oil (reserved from sundried tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme
- 1 baguette
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove garlic cloves from olives and set aside.
- Place olives, 2 cloves of garlic, capers and sun dried tomatoes into food processor and pulse gently. You do NOT want to this become a sauce. It needs to have texture.
- Add in herbs and gently pulse. Slowly stream in the olive oil just until combined.
- Slice baguette, gently brush a light coat of olive oil on top and toast slices until golden and crisp.
- Spread tapenade mixture on top of crostini & garnish with a single sprig of Parsley.