Chocolate Truffle Brownies
I was recently thinking that I have way too many talented friends to be keeping them all to myself, because well that’s stingy! SO because I love you so, I’m going to start sharing (I know you’re going to thank me for it!) So *drumroll please* I would like to introduce you to my VERY talented friend (wait til you see her cakes, cookies, & brownies & well u get the picture), Mrs. DOUGHMESSTIC herself, aka Susan…She never ceases to amaze me or keep me in stitches – yes she’s also hilarious! Be sure to show her some comment love & let her know how much we appreciate her stopping by! Now I’ll stop talking and let you read about this incredible Chocolate Truffle Brownie recipe she came up with just for us…(Do you see that pic? YUM…wiping drool from screen)
Ciao! I am thrilled to be a Guest here on Paula’s site, and honored that she considers me worthy!! For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Susan, and you can typically find me over on my own site She’s Becoming DoughMessTic. It is there that I get out my frustrations…be it a recipe for cupcakes, a custom birthday cake, or a recipe for some baking challenge, or my toddler covered in flour, you’ll find it there. Unlike Paula, I tend to post the things that make you, well…fat. And Happy. Fat AND Happy. The recipe I am posting here is the epitome of that statement!
I love adding things like candy to a simple recipe, be it brownies or cupcakes or even icing. When Walmart had their after-Christmas Sale, they most stupidly put their Lindt Truffles on half price. They didn’t know I was coming! Two hours and $25 later, Walmart was out of truffles. Cut them up and add them to your favorite brownie recipe, or, even a brownie mix if you are in a time crunch, and you’ll have one heck of a tasty treat on your hands. If you a have little time though, this recipe is a great one to use.
Chocolate Truffle Brownies
Makes 12 Big Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon whipping cream or milk
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6-8 cut up Lindt Truffles (mix flavors for nice effect!)
- Prepare a 9 inch square pan with Pam or butter, and set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl of standmixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. Then add the vanilla and cream or milk.
- Combine the dry ingredients (not the truffles yet) in a separate bowl, then stir in to the batter. Add the cut up truffles and just stir to combine.
- Spread batter into the pan and bake 30-35 minutes. Do not overbake, brownies should be just slightly underbaked for best results. Cool completely, then cut into 12 squares.
Thanks for dropping by! I hope you’ll leave happy!