PIZZA! I love it, so much so I had to bring this back to show you AGAIN! We make pizza usually once a week. It’s so quick & easy. Well, okay if you have the right tools, it’s quick and easy! But fear not, I’m here with a super simple recipe! You’ll probably want to pick up a pizza peel. Once you have one of those it will make baking Pizza a ton easier. No more wrangling with a cookie sheet trying to get the pizza out of the oven. No more almost burning yourselves, NOPE! You’re going to thank me.
What you’ll need:
Dough: (this dough recipe makes enough for 2 medium pizzas)
4 cups Bread Flour
2 teaspoons Yeast
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cups of Warm Water
Toppings: (enough for 1 pizza)
3-4 tablespoons Pesto
1- 1 1/2 cups of Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms – sliced
What to do:
1. In your stand mixer Add the flour, yeast, olive oil & salt. On low mix together with paddle attachment to incorporate. WHILE mixer is running gradually add in water. After you have added 1 1/4 cups of water IF the dough is still not coming together in a ball then add the remainder of the water. Your dough should be soft and tacky but not sticky. If necessary add more flour or water until this consistency is reached.
2. Add this point, remove paddle attachment and attach dough hook. Knead dough for approx 6-8 minutes. Remove dough from mixing bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil (enough to coat bottom and sides). Return dough to bowl. Cover with saran wrap and let dough rise for 1 1/2 hours OR until dough has doubled in size.
3. Once your dough is ready. Place your pizza stone into cold oven. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place your dough ball onto a well floured surface. Cut dough in half with a dough scrapper (move one half back to bowl & re-cover until you are ready to roll it out).
4. Roll your dough out with a rolling pin until it’s fairly thin & is large enough to fit ontop of your pizza stone. At this point, transfer the pizza dough onto a floured pizza peel. Drizzle the top with Olive Oil.
5. Spread the Pesto onto dough leaving about an 1″ border from sides. Sprinkle cheese and mushrooms on. Add any additional toppings you like. Season pizza with salt and pepper. Gently shake pizza off of pizza peel onto pizza stone. Bake for approx 6-8 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is bubbling. Cook time will depend on how thick your crust is and the amount of toppings you use. Carefully remove pizza from oven using pizza peel. Slice and serve.