Creamy Butterfly Pasta with Endive
As I mentioned in our last post, we’re working on getting more veggies into our bellies around the bell’alimento house. Leaning towards more balanced meals throughout the week. No need to worry and click away, we’re not getting rid of carbs or sweets. Not at all (did I hear a sigh of relief). I had a slight panic attack just thinking of that. We’re just going to be eating them in moderation. It’s a win win. I still get my carbs and chocolate and nobody gets hurt.
Like today’s pasta dish. It’s a creamy butterfly (farfalle) pasta with endives, onions and prosciutto. Now that doesn’t sound like health food does it! Not at all. To balance it out, we have a nice spinach salad to go with and go heavy on the endive in the pasta. And a few glasses of water to wash it all down.
I’m saving the wine for the weekend ; )
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Discover Endive. All opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 pound butterfly (farfalle) pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion - minced
- 2 slices prosciutto - torn
- 1 Belgian endive - roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
What To Do:
- Place a large pot of generously salted water onto boil. When boiling add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- Into a medium sauce pan over medium heat add: butter, onion. Cook until softened. Add prosciutto and Belgian endive cook until endive is just wilted. Add cream. Stir to combine.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce pan and toss to combine.