Biscoff Molten Lava Cakes
Yoo hoo, Valentine’s Day is TOMORROW! If you’re still flying by the seat of your pants and haven’t finalized your menu don’t worry we can help (and btw I always fly by the seat of my pants). We have a super simple dessert that will knock the socks off your sweetie. Lava cakes! They’re scrumptious, sexy and aren’t as fussy as you would imagine. In less than 25 minutes you can be diving into this warm, ooey gooey over the top decadent chocolate cake that’s filled with unmistakeable Biscoff spread. Pure evil deliciousness.
I would be completely fine just having this dessert and a glass of Prosecco but if you need entree ideas, you can’t go wrong with our LOBSTER RISOTTO or if you want to spice things up add any of these 10 APHRODISIAC FOODS to your menu. Naturally chocolate is on that list along with some that just might surprise you.
EDITED TO ADD: Contest has ended. Thank you for your entries.
HAVE YOU entered our VALENTINE GIVEAWAY from LE CREUSET! We’re giving away a 4 1/2 quart round Le Creuset French Oven AND a set of 3 Mini Coquettes (just like the ones pictured above).
Baci e Buon San Valentino!
What You Will Need:
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces of bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 whole eggs + 3 additional egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar + 2 additional tablespoons
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Biscoff spread - divided
What To Do:
- Place butter, chocolate chips into a double boiler and melt completely over steaming water. Stir frequently.
- WHILE the chocolate butter is melting. Place eggs, sugar into the bowl of your mixer. With the whisk attachment mix on medium speed until mixture becomes light and thick (about 8-9 minutes). Add flour and mix together.
- SLOWLY & GRADUALLY pour the chocolate/butter mixture into the egg mixture. Mixing on low until well combined and mixture develops a glossy sheen (about 5-6 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. WHILE the mixture is finishing it’s final mixing (turning glossy) GENEROUSLY spray 4 small ramekins with cooking spray.
- To assemble: Place ramekins onto a rimmed cookie sheet lined with a silpat (or other silicone mat). Fill ramekins half way with batter. Spoon 1 tablespoon of Biscoff spread into each ramekin. Equally divide remaining batter between ramekins.
- Bake for approximately 10-14 minutes until outside is solid and top appears to be soft (but NOT jiggly)