Grilled Steak Kebabs with DOLE Caesar Salad
Do you have a salad’tude: a salad state of mind? I do. That doesn’t surprise you does it? I have confessed to you before that I am not much of a salad person (other than Caprese Salad which I could eat everyday) . When I do eat it it, 9/10 it is a small spinach salad made with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. Simple but scrumptious. Probably a big part of my salad’tude is that I don’t get creative with my salads. I tend to look at salads as the intro to dinner, a small supporting character if you will. But my ways are changing and I’ll tell you why.
DOLE has a new line of salads out and has challenged me (and you) to “Indulge a little, and express yourself with salad! Add a pinch of pizzazz, a dash of delight, and a sprinkle of surprise with ingredients and flavor combinations you love.” I decided to get a few of my friends together and have a little salad soiree.
I prepared DOLE’s Caesar Salad and added grilled steak kebabs with cherry tomatoes and mushrooms brushed with pesto. Beyond amazing and super filling (you’ll find the recipe below)! I also prepared DOLE’s Extra Veggie : Baby Spinach & Spring Mix with Grape Tomatoes topped with grilled shrimp kebabs brushed w/lemon vinaigrette. Another winner. By the end of our nosh and gab fest I was full and still felt great (not that I’ve eaten too much I need to go lay down full).
I’m happy to say that my salad’tude has changed for the better! We’ll be incorporating more salads into our weekly meal planning. I’ve also joined DOLE’s Salad Circle and you can too! You’ll “…receive exclusive offers, recipe ideas and helpful tips through our emails and mobile updates. Plus, join the members-only Salad Circle community on Facebook where you can show off your Salad’tude™ and exchange your best salad secrets with salad lovers everywhere!”
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by DOLE. My opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
Recipe Adapted from DOLE
What You Will Need:
- 4 wooden skewers - soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 6 ounces button mushrooms
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 12 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 pound top sirloin steak cut into 1" cubes
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1 package DOLE Ultimate Caesar Kit
What To Do:
- To assemble skewers: thread mushroom, basil, tomato, basil, mushroom, basil, tomato, steak, tomato. Continue with remaining skewers.
- Season with salt/pepper. Brush with pesto.
- Preheat grill pan to medium-high. When hot, place skewers on pan. Cook until vegetables are tender and steak is desired doneness. Allow kebabs to rest while you assemble salad.
- Open salad package and prepare according to directions. Top with steak kebabs.