Sausage Basil and Tomato Frittata
Frittatas are a wonderful way to use up eggs and little bits and pieces in your fridge. They’re not fussy at all and you make them all in ONE pan. You know how much I hate doing dishes so this is fantabulous. This frittata (which is basically the Italian cousin of the omelet) is filled to the brim with sausage, onions, garlic, bell pepper and cheesy goodness. And then it’s kissed with fresh tomatoes and basil for the finishing touch. Now, who wouldn’t want that for breakfast ; )
I made this sausage, tomato & basil frittata as part of Johnsonville Kitchen’s Wake Up To Better Breakfast Promotion.
To participate in the contest, visit the Johnsonville Kitchens Facebook page and upload a photo and description of your morning masterpiece, created with Johnsonville Sausage. The grand prize winner will receive 11-piece-set of Professional Cookware from ScanPan and a year’s supply of Johnsonville Sausage! Additionally, you can share one of Johnsonville’s delicious breakfast dishes with a friend (or all of them), and you will be entered into the weekly sweepstakes drawing. Each week during the contest, one randomly drawn winner will receive a five-piece set of Professional Cookware from ScanPanR. Visit the Johnsonville Kitchens Facebook page or Johnsonville.com for full contest details.
Here’s a few more frittata recipes:
Disclaimer: As a part of Johnsonville’s Delicious Dish Blogger Panel, I was provided a ScanPan and samples of Johnsonsville product. I was not compensated for this campaign. My opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 6 Johnsonville breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 onion - minced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 6 eggs - beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 cherry tomatoes - halved
- fresh basil - roughly chopped
What To Do:
- Into an 8" non-stick skillet add sausages and cook over medium heat until cooked through. Set aside to cool. Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Into pan with sausage drippings add: onion, garlic and bell pepper. Saute until just softened. Return sausage to pan.
- Beat eggs and milk. Season with salt/pepper. Pour into pan. Cover and cook over low heat until middle has set. Once middle has set remove from heat sprinkle with cheese and cover to allow cheese to melt.
- Top with tomatoes and basil prior to serving.