Strawberry and Ricotta Tart
Strawberry season has arrived. Those gorgeous sweet berries are everywhere and I don’t know about you but I’m using them as fast as I can. I was practically giddy when my La Cucina Italiana Magazine arrived this month and one of the features was on Strawberries. I will be making every one of them multiple times I’m sure. The one that caught my eye first was this fragrant bright Strawberry and RICOTTA Tart.
I kid you not I almost ate the entire thing myself. I couldn’t help it. I blame that sweet-tart. I modified the recipe putting my own spin on it and am tickled red with how it turned out. It’s all about the berries people so be sure to grab the sweetest freshest locally grown ones you can find. The filling is made with creamy RICOTTA, farm fresh eggs and a touch of sugar for sweetness and a dash of zest for zing.
Now who wants a slice?
More Strawberry-licious Recipes:
Recipe adapted from La Cucina Italiana Mag May/June 2012
What You Will Need:
- 1 chocolate pie crust
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 lime - zested
- 1 pound strawberries - sliced
- powdered sugar
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" tart pan with cooking spray. Prick pie crust and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Cool.
- Into a large bowl add: ricotta, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and lime zest. Whisk together to combine.
- Pour filling into tart shell. Bake for approximately 30 minutes OR until center is just set. Transfer to wire rack and allow to cool.
- Arrange strawberries atop tart. Dust with powdered sugar.