Easy Zucchini Roll Ups
If you’re growing vegetables and have planted zucchini in your veg garden you’ll probably have them coming out of your ears. They tend to produce A LOT. Which means you’ll need as many recipes as you can get your hands on to enjoy them. I know that’s the case for us. Squash and Zucchini are grown not only for the fruit but for their BLOSSOMS around our house. If you’ve never had STUFFED SQUASH/ZUCCHINI BLOSSOMS I IMPLORE you to try them. Just trust me on this one.
But in the meantime, these little beauties are just screaming for you to make them the next time you need an appetizer. They are sliced super thin using a mandoline and then are stuffed with creamy dreamy RICOTTA and herbs. Can you taste them? I sure can.
Want more zucchini? Try:
What You Will Need:
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh basil leaves
What To Do:
- Using mandoline or sharp knife, cut 4 thin lengthwise slices from zucchini. Refrigerate remaining zucchini for another use, or make additional roll-ups.
- In small bowl, mix cheese, lemon peel, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Starting from short side, roll up each zucchini slice and secure with toothpick or skewer.
- Fill center of each roll-up with cheese mixture, using spoon or piping bag.
- Place roll-ups on small serving platter. Drizzle lightly with oil; garnish each with basil leaf. Sprinkle with additional pepper, if desired.
- NOTE: For a smoky flavor, brush zucchini slices with oil and grill until slightly softened before rolling.