Simple Summer Garden Pasta
What I love about having a summer garden is that it really helps me decide “what’s for dinner” or lunch as the case may be. What’s coming out of the garden is what gets cooked. It’s not only good but good for us. Some days though it does require a little extra culinary creativity. If you have squash and zucchini in your garden you understand that. My tip for keeping those babies in check: harvesting and cooking squash blossoms are a wonderful way to curb the crop.
Besides loading our menus up with fresh summer vegetables and fruits another way to keep things healthier is to swap out regular pasta for multigrain pasta. Like Barilla Plus. Did you know that Barilla Plus is “Made from a unique multigrain blend that includes semolina (coarse durum wheat), oats, spelt and barley, as well as legumes, ground flaxseeds and oat fiber, Barilla PLUS offers a well-rounded approach to balanced nutrition with the great taste and premium ingredients expected from Barilla. Lentils and chick peas, both commonly used Mediterranean legumes, were specifically selected for use in the Barilla PLUS recipe”. It’s good and good for you.
* $25 Visa gift card
* 2 boxes of Barilla Plus pasta ENTER:
- Leave a comment letting us know if you ever swap out your traditional pasta for multigrain pasta.
(optional bonus entries. You MUST leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry to count.)
- Follow bell’alimento on PINTEREST
- PIN a photo from this post.
- Follow bell’alimento on TWITTER.
- Like bell’alimento on FACEBOOK.
Legal Schmegal: Contest is open to those 18 years of age and older and who have US addresses. Contest runs from August 15-22, 2012. One winner will be chosen randomly and will be notified via email. Winner has 48 to reply and claim prize or an alternate winner will be drawn. Odds of winning depend on number of entries.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Barilla. I was compensated for my time and recipe development. Barilla is providing the giveaway package listed above to one randomly drawn bell’alimento reader. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 14.5 ounces Barilla Plus Farfalle
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 summer squash - cubed
- 1 large zucchini - cubed
- dozen cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves - roughly torn
- Parmigiano Reggiano shavings
What To Do:
- Place a large pot of salted water onto boil. When boiling add pasta. Cook until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Into a large saute pan melt butter over medium heat. Add squash and zucchini and cook until slightly softened. Season with salt/pepper. Add tomatoes.
- Add pasta to pan. Toss to combine. Add reserved pasta water. Check for seasoning. Adjust if necessary.
- Garnish with basil and Parmigiano.