How to Make Tiramisu
Have I ever mentioned that my most favorite dessert in the whole wide WORLD is Tiramisu? I am completely totally madly deeply passionately spoon over container in love with it. What’s not to love right? It’s made with a creamy MASCARPONE mixture that is sandwiched between espresso dipped lady finger layers. Add to that a splash of Amaretto and a dusting a dark chocolate cocoa powder. How can that be bad?
I actually shared a Tiramisu recipe with you way back in the day (2009) when no one was reading my blog but my family and a few friends who I made look at it when they came to visit. Okay maybe a few other people (and thank you for sticking it out it wasn’t pretty back then, almost like looking at your HS yearbook yikes ) so I thought I would revisit some of my early on recipes that I happen to love and adore and think you will too.
I tweaked my original recipe a bit, this one is lighter and fluffier and I’ve made it in individual portions (I used DURALEX 8 3/4 oz glasses). I like to think that makes it easier to eat a reasonable portion. But sadly it hasn’t stopped me from eating two, or three. Okay just two. Now I know this will be hard but trust me it’s better the next day. Make these the night before, cover them with plastic wrap (you don’t want your Tiramisu smelling like onions or last night’s pasta do you?) and pop them into the fridge until the next day.
Now who’s ready for a pick me up?
Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.
What You Will Need:
- 5 eggs - room temperature, separated
- 5 tablespoon sugar
- 2 small containers Mascarpone – room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto di Saronno
- 24 soft lady fingers
- 1 cup Espresso – cooled
- dark cocoa powder
What To Do:
- Into the bowl of your mixer add egg yolks and sugar. Using WHISK attachment, mix for 5 minutes until eggs are creamy, fluffy and light in color.
- Add mascarpone. Continue mixing until smooth and creamy. Add Amaretto. Mix to combine. Transfer to separate bowl. Set aside.
- Into the bowl of your mixer whip egg whites to a stiff peak. Gentlly fold mascarpone mixture with egg whites. Transfer mixture to a large piping bag.
- Place a bowl nearby with cooled espresso.
- To assemble: Lightly brush 2 ladyfingers with espresso. Press into bottom of glass. Pipe cream mixture 1/4 way up. Add another 2 ladyfingers brushed with espresso. Pipe another layer of cream mixture. Same pattern with remaining glasses.
- Cover glasses with saran wrap and refrigerate over night. Before serving LIGHTLY dust top with cocoa powder.