Parmigiano Panko Chicken and Honey Biscuits
One of the most popular recipes on this blog is our Parmigiano Panko Chicken. It’s pretty much my version of Italy meets the Deep South – Italian Fried Chicken. It’s quick, easy and big on flavor. It trumps any drive through chicken and is what I make my kids when they
beg ask me for chicken and fries as we’re passing said drive thrus. Because I just can’t leave well enough alone I decided to shake up my recipe a smidge. Chicken and Honey Biscuits anyone?
I would totally inhale these for breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner time. So pretty much anytime is the right time for chicken and honey biscuits. While the chicken is cooking I popped Pillsbury Honey Butter Biscuits into the oven and they were ready to go when the chicken was. What I love about the biscuits (other than that honey flavor and flakiness) is that you can cook as many or as little as you need. Re-seal the bag and pop it back into the freezer until next time.
I had originally planned on serving the biscuits on the side but decided last minute to make them into little sandwiches with an extra squeeze or two of sticky gooey ooey honey. I’m glad I did.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 8 Pillsbury Grands Honey Butter Biscuits
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders - halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko flakes
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano – grated
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 fresh basil leaves - optional
What To Do:
- Cook biscuits according to package directions.
- Into a large deep sided pan add oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- WHILE oil is heating, into a shallow dish add: panko, Parmigiano, and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork.
- Press chicken firmly into Panko mixture, breading chicken on both sides. Continue until all chicken is breaded.
- Place chicken into oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Turning as necessary. Careful not to crowd the pan (do batches if necessary) Roughly 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Allow chicken breasts to rest before serving.
- To assemble: Cut biscuits in half. Place chicken onto bottom half, drizzle with honey. Add optional basil if desired.