Slow Cooker Chicken Tetrazzini
Do you like one pot wonders? Cooking things low and slow? Setting it and forgetting it? Then this is the dish for you! ‘Tis the season to break out the slow cooker (or crock pot if you prefer) throw in your ingredients, put the lid on and do more pressing things like spending the afternoon playing random players on Words For Friends or Scramble For Friends. Totally up to you.
I used Progresso’s Creamy Parmesan Basil Cooking Sauce as the base for this recipe. There’s 5 new Progresso Recipe Starters Cooking Sauce in total. If you’d like to try them out click on this link for a coupon for Progresso’s recipe starters Cooking Sauce.
Be sure you use skinless chicken thighs. Cooking this with skin would give you a really greasy sauce and you don’t want that. Use whatever short pasta you have on hand I just happen to really like Ziti.
Have leftovers? Throw them into a casserole dish, top it with some grated cheese pop it into the oven and you have a delicious EASY take 2 meal!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Progresso. I was compensated for recipe development and my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 small onion - minced
- 2 1/2 pounds bone in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 18 ounces Progresso creamy parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound ziti
What To Do:
- Turn slow cooker to 275 degrees.
- Add onion, chicken, Progresso recipe starter, water, sherry. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours until chicken is tender, cooked through and falling off of bone. During last 15 minutes of cooking add mushrooms.
- Take chicken off of bone. Discard bones.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add pasta to slow cooker. Toss to combine.