Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
This post brought to you by Nature’s Pride Bread. All opinions are 100% mine.
Fall is one of my favorite times of year. The weather is cooler which means we can open the windows, fire up the oven and bust out our boots and cardigans. It makes me want to cook even more. We typically have friends over at least once a week. I like to have a small appetizer ready to go when they arrive.
In the summer it’s typically cheese, olives and salame. In the fall my go to is stuffed mushrooms. The stuffing is varied depending on what I have on hand but this is my favorite vegetarian version. Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms.
You need a bit of a binder for mushrooms and I like to make my own breadcrumbs. For this I used Nature’s Pride 12 Grain Bread. I simply popped a few slices into the toaster oven and then gave them a whiz around my mini food processor. Easy peasy.
Did you know that at Nature’s Pride, they make bread the natural way? Every slice of Nature’s Pride bread is 100% natural. That’s right. No artificial flavors or colors. No high fructose corn syrup. No trans fat. No artificial preservatives. Just the most delicious ingredients nature has to offer. Nothing less than 100%. That’s their promise.
Have you tried Nature’s Pride? We’re giving away a month’s supply of this delicious bread to THREE lucky winners.
EDITED TO ADD: Thank you for your entries. Contest has ended and winners have been notified via email.
GIVEAWAY: Three (3) winners will each receive a month’s supply of Nature’s Pride bread (via 4 coupons)
- leave a comment on this blog post answering the question: how do you make a basic sandwich less basic?
Legal Schmegal: Contest is open to those 18 years of older with a valid US address. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Contest runs October 22-26th, 2012 at 12 midnight. Winners will be chosen using random.org and notified via email. Winners will have 48 hours to reply or alternate winners will be chosen.
For more information on Nature’s Pride visit Nature’s Pride Bread on Facebook
What You Will Need:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 ounces medium mushrooms - stems removed and minced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 9 ounces baby spinach, - roughly chopped
- 2 slices Nature's Pride Bread - toasted and pulsed into bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Pecorino cheese - grated
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place mushrooms onto a baking sheet stem-side down for approximately 10 minutes or until softened.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic, mushroom stems and cook until softened.
- Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper. Cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add bread crumbs and cheese.
- Spoon into the mushroom caps and bake for additional 5 minutes.