Cinnamon Roll Sundaes
My BABY is turning 15 this Sunday. I am not okay with this. How did this happen? She went from pig tails and tutus to
stealing borrowing my clothes and shoes in what seems like 60 seconds. Now she’s traded in the tutus for sparklier things (she is my child after all). She is a beautiful smart funny and kind young woman (and no I’m not okay with the shoes thing either) that I couldn’t be more proud of if I tried. Anyone have any Kleenex? I think I’m going to need some.
We’re throwing a little disco bubble bash par-tay for a few of her friends this week-end. Fun right? We plan on only embarrassing her slightly. I am still working on my costume and my dance moves. Afterwards she’s having a sleepover. I of course am in charge of the food. Duh. For a special treat, we’re giving Pillsbury cinnamon rolls a makeover. Instead of just baking them we’ve turned them into super simple sundae cups. No special equipment needed just a simple muffin pan.
To make these sundae cups just flip your pan over and spray it with a little non-stick cooking spray so the cinnamon rolls don’t stick to them. Bake until they’re puffy and golden and let them cool just slightly. IF they puff up too much don’t stress, just place a small juice glass in the middle and gently press down to create more of a “cup”. Now the fun part. Load ‘em up with banana slices, ice cream, syrup (special Hershey’s chocolate icing syrup – swoon) and of course a cherry. Feeling nutty? Add some. It’s your sundae!
Happy Birthday Pumpkin Mwah !
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1- 12.4 ounce can Pillsbury Special Edition Cinnamon Rolls with Hershey's Icing
- 2 bananas - sliced
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 8 maraschino cherries
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Open cinnamon rolls. Set icing tub aside.
- Invert a muffin pan and spray outside of muffin wells with non-stick cooking spray.
- Press cinnamon roll around muffin tin. Continue with remaining cinnamon rolls. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Carefully remove cinnamon rolls from pan. IF cinnamon rolls have swelled simply press a small juice glass into the middle to create "cup". Set aside to cool completely.
- To assemble: For each cinnamon roll sundae, place 2-3 banana slices into bottom of "cup". Top with 1 scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with icing and garnish with cherry.