Sausage Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
Has the hustle and bustle started to creep up on you yet? I gotta admit I’m starting to feel it. I know that as soon as Thanksgiving is here (gah next week) and I put on my elastic pants and eat more than I should that Christmas will be here before I know it. Lists are already starting to float around in my head. Visits from family and friends on the horizon to plan for. Which means cleaning and cooking all the while trying to enjoy the season without stressing so much.
My trick for keeping things as stress free as possible is to keep things simple. Family and friends ultimately come to visit to see YOU not your perfectly clean house (btw I do not have a perfectly clean house). I have to remind myself of this too as I’m shoving things into the closet 5 minutes before they’re scheduled to arrive. For a little pre-season party and to get myself in the holiday spirit I invited a few friends over for brunch. What’s better for brunch than quiche. Now these aren’t your ordinary quiches. Now that would be just plain boring and one thing I’m not is boring (or at least I like to think so). These quiche have a hash brown crust!
I wish I could take credit for that idea but I can not because dang it’s pretty brilliant. Once you cut into that amazing hash brown crust a fluffy, cheesy, meaty filling that’s peppered with sun dried tomatoes, parsley and Johnsonville breakfast sausage immediately greets you. It’s hard not to smile after you’ve had a bite of this. I added a side of fresh fruit and of course coffee and we were all set. Good food, good friends, good conversation what more could you ask for?
If you’re hosting family or friends for the holidays, or just want to make a nice weekend breakfast keep this quiche in mind. Want to shave off some time? Make the crust the night before as well as fry up the sausage. Like to tinker? It’s the perfect recipe to use up bits and pieces from the fridge. Broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers would all make a welcome addition or substitution.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Johnsonville and Ore-Ida . Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 3 cups frozen Ore Ida hash browns - thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter - melted
- 12 ounces Johnsonville breakfast sausage links
- 6 eggs - beaten
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9" tart pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add: hash browns, butter. Season with salt.pepper. Press hash browns into pan to form crust. Bake for approximately 20 minutes OR until hash browns are golden.
- In a small skillet cook sausages according to package directions. Slice sausages on the diagonal into small coins.
- Into a large bowl add: eggs, cheese, cream, tomatoes, parsley, Season with salt/pepper. Add sausages. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture on top of hash brown crust. Bake for approximately 25 minutes OR until set.
- Garnish with additional parsley if desired.