Peppermint Pattie Chocolate Covered Caramels
I am kind of obsessed with making caramels. Ever since I found how easy they were I can’t stop making them. This isn’t fairing well for trying to lose those extra Turkey pounds either. I started with theNutella Sea Salt Caramels and have now graduated to chocolate covered caramels. Specifically Peppermint Pattie chocolate covered caramels. I’ll give that a minute to sink in.
Want to know the fun part? I swapped out the cream in my regular caramel recipe and used International Delight York Peppermint Pattie Gourmet Coffee Creamer instead. Pretty cool right? Something even cooler, International Delight has a Sharable Coupon. They’d love for you to try baking with ID and share your recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you do they’ll donate and give back through the “Share Your Delight” program! Just register your ID Creamer UPC this holiday season, International Delight will donate 50 cents to the Coats for Kids Foundation! Give back in one quick step and help International Delight reach their goal of $100,000 this year!
Now to decide what flavor caramel to make next. Decisions, decisions.
The International Delight Facebook page shares coupon savings and a chance to share your delight this holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
What You Will Need:
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup International Delight York Peppermint Pattie Gourmet Creamer
- fleur de sel to garnish
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate - chopped and melted
What To Do:
- In a heavy bottomed large sauce pan, add: butter, sugars, syrup, sea salt and cream. Bring to a boil and stir until sugars are dissolved and mixture is well combined.
- Using a candy thermometer, do not stir, let mixture reach 230 degrees. Then remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes, then pour into an 8×8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to cool in pan slightly and then refrigerate for several hours. Once chilled, cut into small squares.
- Dip caramels into melted chocolate. Transfer to parchment paper. Sprinkle with fleur de sel Refrigerate until hardened and ready to consume.
- Caramels can be wrapped individually in wax paper.