White Chocolate Citrus Spice Eggnog Cookies
Today you’re in for a treat. My super talented
stalker bff Susan is stopping by with a tasty treat. She’s whipped up a batch of White Chocolate Citrus Spice Eggnog Cookies just for YOU! Why? We’re hosting a virtual cookie swap for our friends at McCormick (we have the hardest jobs don’t we). Once you’ve drooled all over Susan’s recipe. Be sure to pop over to her blog to check out my PEPPERMINT CRUNCH COOKIES! Now onto Susan’s sweet stuff…
Before I became a food blogger, it would have never occurred to me to participate in a cookie exchange.
First off, I didn’t bake. I didn’t cook. I was very good at ordering The Special.
But now, after four years of jumping in with both feet, companies like McCormick contact ME in hopes that I will bake cookies for them. In this particular case – they wanted me to host a Cookie Exchange with another foodie friend. I of course chose Paula.
In case you hadn’t realized it yet, Paula is my favorite stalker. She called me up one day, despite the fact that I abhor the phone. She’s called back nearly every single day since.
I’ve grown to love her, despite this inconvenience.
So cookies? No brainer. If there’s anyone I want to share with, it would be her.
McCormick was kind enough to outfit the both of us with a nice little selection of spices to get our cookie swap underway, and after a bit of thought and experimentation, I came up with these…
White Chocolate Citrus Spice Eggnog Cookies.
Very soft, almost cake like. Packed with flavor from the citrus zest and vanilla, and teeming with white chocolate chips. Perhaps my favorite part? The crunch of the decorator sugar atop the sweet icing. It pops and cracks, just like you want it to with a soft cookie.
I’m in love. I’d almost talk on the phone about it.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by McCormick. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Recipe and images compliments of Susan Whetzel, Doughmesstic
What You Will Need:
- 2 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 13 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- zest and juice of one orange
- zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup prepared eggnog
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- For Icing:
- 1 cup confections sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Decorator Sugar (if desired)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300. Prepare baking sheets with parchment or Silpat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and spices. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and orange and lime zest. Once creamy, add orange juice, eggnog, vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients all at once on low speed; mix only until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Use cookie scoop to place dough on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 18 minutes, or until lightly browned at edges. Allow to cool, top with drizzle of icing and decorator sugar.
- To make icing, cream together all ingredients. Add more eggnog as needed to obtain the consistency you desire.