Nutty Nutella Rolls
Has the baking frenzy begun in your house? It has in mine. I’m giving Ada (no I don’t have a maid, Ada is my KitchenAid stove – don’t you name your appliances? Tell me I’m not the only one.) no rest this month. I’m sure I’ll call Uncle before she does though. I’m impatient. It’s true. Simple is my baking mantra. These little nutty Nutella rolls couldn’t be easier unless you picked them up the bakery. I’ll be serving these as an easy dessert and as a quick and easy breakfast with a side of fruit. Double duty recipes make me happy.
3 ingredients and about 30 minutes are what you need to pull these little beauties together. Okay they’re not so little but if you wanted to make them smaller and increase the number of portions totally doable. I started out thinking I’d make pinwheels but then decided to give them a twist and pop them into a muffin tin instead. I love them and think you will too.
Pop open two cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, grab your jar of Nutella (I know you keep a stock pile of this if you read my blog) and a handful of hazelnuts, preheat the oven and by the time she’s ready to roll you’ll be done with the prep and can move on to more important things like moving your Elf on a Shelf.
If you want to, drizzle a little melted Nutella over the top and sprinkle on additional hazelnuts. December is calorie free right?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 16 oz (2 cans) original Pillsbury crescent rolls
- ½ cup Nutella
- ½ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 6 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unroll first can of crescent rolls. Pinch seams together to form 1 large rectangle.
- Spread Nutella onto crescent dough, leaving approximately 1” space from sides. Sprinkle hazelnuts randomly on top of Nutella.
- Unroll second can of crescent rolls. Pinch seams together to form a1 large rectangle. Set dough on top of first layer. Carefully press sides together.
- Using a pizza cutter (or sharp knife) cut 6 vertical strips. Twist strips into a coil. Place coiled strips into muffin tins. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.