Mini Holiday Cookie Cup Sundaes
Who doesn’t love a bite sized dessert? These little festive bites are made from cookie dough that you bake into mini “cups”. They’re so simple the kids could even make them. Once baked and cooled (otherwise the ice cream will just melt everywhere and you’ll have a holiday shot – there’s another idea altogether) you fill them full of sundae scrumptiousness. Set out a few toppings a few ice cream flavors and let the kids (young and young at heart) go crazy!
Like to do things in advance? Make up a batch of the “cups” the night before, store them in an airtight container and then you’re ready to roll or scoop at a moment’s notice. Get creative and use whatever cookie dough you like. We’ve gone the festive route and used Pillsbury Peppermint Sugar Cookie Dough as our base. Filled it with ice cream and then topped it off with homemade strawberry sauce (fresh sliced strawberries sprinkled with sugar and left to mingle and then pureed) and cocoa nibs. Because I know you like options, crushed peppermints would be fantastic and add a nice crunch to the top as well.
These “cups” are incredibly versatile and could even be made in a regular muffin tin for larger portions! What are you going to fill yours with?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 18 oz Pillsbury peppermint sugar cookie dough
- approximately 2 cups ice cream
- ½ cup strawberry sauce
- 4 tablespoons cocoa nibs
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 24 muffin pan cups.
- Remove dough from wrapper. Shape dough into 24 balls; press onto bottoms and up sides of prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. If middle expands spray the bottom of a shot glass with non-stick cooking spray and gently press to form “cup”. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
- Place 1tablespoon ice cream in each cookie cup. Drizzle with strawberry sauce. Top with cocoa nibs