Christmas Cream Cheese Brownies
Next time you’re at a holiday party go ahead and count how many dishes include cream cheese. That creamy dreamy deliciousness pops up everywhere this time of year. And with good reason. It’s SO stinking good. You could just hand me a cracker with a smidge of cream cheese and a drizzle of honey and I’m a happy camper. But let’s be honest I’m not going to turn down anything with cream cheese in there (especially dessert).
We can’t really talk about cream cheese without talking about PHILADELPHIA cream cheese. If you’ve tried the generic version (admittedly – hand over eyes- I have tried the generic version trying to save a few pennies – lesson learned) you know that there is indeed a difference. It’ true after all, you get what you pay for.
Right now I’m smitten with PEPPERMINT CRUNCH BROWNIES (hello cream cheese frosting) and these Christmas Cream Cheese Brownies. I know, I know, they’re red velvet cheesecake brownies but Christmas Cream Cheese Brownies sounds so much more festive. They’re rich decadent and definitely creamy. Perfect for gracing your holiday dessert table and for pinning on Pinterest (wink wink).
Cream cheese is indeed great for holiday entertaining (hello there wouldn’t be the obligatory party cream cheese ball without it) and because you can never have enough recipe inspiration (at least I don’t think so) here’s more great ideas using your favorite cream cheese: PHILADELPHIA cream cheese.
We all know that cream cheese is amazing in desserts (a no-brainer right) but don’t pass it by for savory dishes. I like to drop a dollop in my risotto at the end to add a little extra something something. Or into your spaghetti sauce at the end for a little more cream and zing. Try it, you’ll like it.
This post brought to you by PHILADELPHIA cream cheese . All opinions are 100% mine.
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 ounces dark chocolate - chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces PHILADELPHIA cream cheese - softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line dish with parchment paper.
- In a microwave proof bowl melt butter and chocolate together. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together: sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and food coloring. Add chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add flour, salt and stir to combine. Pour mixture into baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat: cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla. Drop cream cheese mixture onto brownie batter. Using a knife or skewer swirl to combine.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. Let cool completely before slicing.