Peppermint Brownie Bars
Have you noticed there’s a whole lot of brownies coming out of my kitchen lately? Yes? Me too. Sorry can’t help it. I. Love. Them. We’ve shared CHRISTMAS CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES, PEPPERMINT CRUNCH BROWNIES, and now I give to you Peppermint Brownie Bars. Fa-la-la-la-la. Yes, third times a charm. These babies have four, count them FOUR layers of deliciousness. Brownie + Creamy Filling + Chocolate + Peppermint = happy happy happy. It’s true. Since December is calorie free (wink wink) you’ll be fine indulging in one of these decadent squares of dee-lite. One is pretty much all you need. They’re rich and did I mention the four layers?
Hope you like peppermint. These have double the minty flavor. McCormick pure peppermint extract is mixed into the creamy second layer and then the bars are sprinkled with crushed peppermints/candy canes on top for crunch and well general Christmas cheer. Oh get this, did you know that they sell crushed peppermints at the store? In sprinkle containers. They do know you just put them into a zip-lock bag and bash them right? And it’s a whole lot cheaper. Okay moving on.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by McCormick. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
Recipe compliments of McCormick.
What You Will Need:
- 1 package (family-size) fudge brownie mix
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 15 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Peppermint Extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Spread in greased foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat confectioners’ sugar, 7 tablespoons of the butter, cream and peppermint extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate and remaining 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter in large microwave bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over top of chilled brownie. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies, if desired. Cut into bars.