Skinny Layered Guacamole Dip
Who has time for a 7 layer dip when you can make a 5 layer dip that is even more fabulous? I mean it’s a no brainer right? This recipe is just in time for the big game. You know the one where all the guys are running around after that little brown ball? Or as I like to call it the best commercial day of the year.
There are a ton of game day recipes to choose from. I personally love anything with Avocados from Mexico. They are creamy, delicious and healthy! I don’t know abou you but I love a good dip. There’s just something very child like about dipping veggies and chips into a bowl of creamy goodness. Now to avoid those ehem double dippers (you know who you are) I like to make mine personal portions. Everyone gets their own. No fighting (well until there’s is all gone) and these are easily made in advance so you have more time to gussy up I mean find your team jersey.
Are you going to be making anything with Avocados From Mexico?
This post brought to you by Avocados from Mexico. All opinions are 100% mine.
Recipe adapted from Avocados from Mexico
What You Will Need:
- 1 can (15-ounces) cannellini beans, drained
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 3 avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 5 slices)
What To Do:
- In food processor, combine beans, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; pulse until smooth.
- In a 9x7x2-1/2-inch baking dish (or divide layers equally between 10 small mason jars), spread white bean dip evenly on bottom.
- In a small bowl, combine red onions, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; mix well. Arrange onion mixture over the white bean dip.
- Season sour cream with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt; spread over onions.
- Season tomatoes with 1 teaspoon of the salt; arrange over sour cream.
- In a medium bowl, combine avocados, remaining 3 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of salt. Gently spread avocado mixture over tomatoes. Sprinkle with bacon.