Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
I’m a dipper. It’s true. I like to dip things. It’s just part of who I am and come on let’s be honest it’s just fun. Guacamole and hummus are two of my favorites (not that I’d turn down queso, ever). Do you know that hummus is easier to make than guacamole? It is. My KitchenAid food processor does all the work for me. No chopping, no mincing. I just chuck all the ingredients into my food processor and press the button. Besides being obviously good for you, making it at home means you can make it just the way you like it. Thick or creamy. Heavy on the lemon juice. All up to you.
You are the boss. The hummus boss. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. When you’ve got it just the way you like it, serve it up with a little extra drizzle of the chile infused olive oil (if you don’t like the extra heat just use regular extra virgin olive oil) and a few chopped up sun dried tomatoes on top for garnish and a little texture.
Now where are the pita chips?
What You Will Need:
- 1 - 15 ounce can chick peas - rinsed and drained
- 1 - 7 ounces jar oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili infused olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons - juiced
What To Do:
- Into food processor add: chick peas, sun dried tomatoes, tahini, water, oil, garlic and lemon juice. Pulse until to desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse to combine.