Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Are you ready for some
football pizza? Everyone knows that I don’t like football BUT I do like food. And I’ll be making a few of this and that this Sunday for the Super Bowl best commercial day of the year. Apparently high up on the football food request list are: dips, subs, wings, and pizza! Now I realize why people wear yoga pants (I just can’t stand to say sweat pants ugh) while watching. I’m not sure I’ve ever turned down pizza and I don’t think they’ll turn down this buffalo chicken version. Everyone loves buffalo chicken.
A little googling will provide you with endless links for Buffalo Chicken EVERYTHING. Seriously go ahead and try. This is a perfect pizza to make when you have leftover chicken. I started with chicken legs that I had roasted the night before, I gave them a little shred and done. If you don’t have leftover chicken you can either roast some yourself or just pick up a rotisserie chicken. I used my homemade tomato sauce as the base for the buffalo sauce and for even more flavor I added buffalo sauce to the dough. Double whamy.
Don’t worry it’s not TOO hot, we cool things off with the addition of our homemade ranch dressing. It’s really a good thing.
What You Will Need:
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce - divided
- pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives - optional
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Into a small sauce pan add: tomato sauce, butter, 2 tablespoons of hot sauce. Cook over low heat until butter is combined. Add shredded chicken. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Roll dough to desired size and thickness. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of buffalo hot sauce to dough. Knead together until combined.
- Place dough onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Using your hands or a rolling pin shape to fit pan.
- Spread ranch dressing on top of dough. Top with chicken mixture and cheese. Bake for appropriately 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden.
- Garnish with optional chives.