Mini Soft Pretzel Bites
If you’re looking for snack options for this weekend’s
super bowl best commercial day or any day for that matter we have suggestions for guacamole dip, mini meatball subs, skinny chicken tenders, and buffalo chicken pizza. Today we’re sharing a another beautiful bite: soft mini pretzels served up with a side of spicy mustard and some suds. Go ahead and grab the stretchy pants.
Why the stretchy pants? Because if you’re anything like me you can’t stop at just one, or two. Sigh. They’re so additively delicious. Good thing they don’t take long to pull together, you might be in the kitchen whipping up a second, or third batch. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. If you’re not partial to spicy mustard feel feel to use a honey mustard.
So now who’s ready for Valentine’s?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 - 13.8 ounce can Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg - beaten
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- spicy mustard for dipping
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unroll dough on lightly floured work surface. Using a pizza cutter cut the dough into 4' strips. Roll each strip into a rope. Tie each strip into a knot. Place on cookie sheet.
- In a large sauce pan heat 4 cups water and baking soda to boiling.
- Carefully drop dough into boiling water (work in batches). Cook 30 seconds. Using slotted spoon, remove dough from water, transfer to baking sheet. Brush tops with egg and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with mustard.