Spinach and Ricotta Pizza
What is it about pizza that makes it so darn irresistible. The cheese, the crust, the shape, the endless possibilities for toppings, sauces and stuffed crusts? I don’t see how one could ever get bored with pizza. It’s a blank canvas for creativity. I know we all have our favorites, my hands down favorite is pizza margherita. It’s one of the few tomato based sauces that I gravitate to. Typically I like my pizza white. A little drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of salt and pepper and then the toppings. Despite being a carnivore through and through, when it comes to pizza I usually go veg. Go figure. Well unless there’s bacon around and that’s just going to happen. Bacon doesn’t count right? Right.
This spinach and ricotta Friday night delight is high up on my list. It starts with a little flavoring of the crust, parmigiano and garlic powder and then it’s topped with good for you ingredients: thinly sliced red onions (I have an OXO hand held mandoline that I seriously love for small jobs like this), fresh spinach, grated mozzarella and little pillows of ricotta cheese. A final sprinkle of homemade chili pepper flakes and then into visit Ada she goes. A few minutes later she comes out golden, bubbly and ready for my tummy.
Who wants a slice? Or two? Or maybe it’s just me that likes to stuff my face with pizza ; ) Or perhaps you’d prefer Buffalo Chicken Pizza? Shaved Asparagus and Lemon Pizza? Mushroom and Spinach Pizza? Purple Potato Pizza? Grilled Sausage Pizza? Options are nice, right?
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pillsbury. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be. This post contains affiliate links.
What You Will Need:
- 1 - 11 ounce can Pillsbury pizza thin crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Unroll dough and place on a pizza pan (or baking sheet). Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with parmigiano and garlic powder. Season with salt/pepper.
- Scatter onions, spinach and mozzarella. Drop ricotta my tablespoonful. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes until golden and bubbly.