Nutella Hazelnut Pots de Creme
Any excuse to make a decadent dessert and I’m in. Valentine’s Day no exception. As much as I love to have someone cook for me, I have to admit I don’t like to venture out for a romantic meal on Valentine’s Day. Why? Because in my experience, restaurants are over-crowded, over-priced and the service is typically slow on the love-iest dove-iest night of the year. Plus I can make a very special meal at home for our whole family for a fraction of the price. THEN we plan on a date night the following week when it’s safe to exit the house again. Win. Win.
We typically make a very nice surf and turf dinner and then a dessert. This year we’ll be serving Nutella hazelnut pots de creme. French for pot of cream/custard. I translate it to wicked good. And made in the blender means easy peasy. This recipe is incredibly rich so the small portion is perfect. You can top it with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, berries and nuts for a little extra pizzazz. You can make it the day before and have them at the ready. More time to put on lip gloss and fix your hair. A girl has to look good.
This Valentine’s Day, share the love with recipes and homemade gift ideas! Don’t miss the International Delight Valentine’s Day Twitter Giveaway. Enter by following International Delight on Twitter and by tweeting your favorite ID flavor with the hashtag #IDLove. Winners will be contacted on February 15th and will receive ID Valentine’s Day Sampler Packages!
Whatever you’re doing this Valentine’s I hope you’re surrounded by those you hold near and dear, along with a spoon and these Nutella hazelnut pots de creme.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
What You Will Need:
- 10 ounces Hershey's semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons ID Delight Hazelnut Cream
- crushed hazelnuts - optional
What To Do:
- Into a small sauce pan heat milk and creams until hot.
- While milk and cream are heating, into blender add: chocolate chips, Nutella, eggs, salt. Pulse until well combined.
- Gradually stream milk mixture into blender. Pulse until silky smooth.
- Equally divide mixture between ( 8) - 5.4 ounce jars. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or until mixture has set.
- Garnish with optional crushed hazelnuts if desired.