Cheesy Baked Gnocchi
I’m kind of over winter. There I said it. I’m not cut out for colder temperatures. I’m not fan of bundling up and wearing so many layers I look like a marshmallow. I’m more of a light scarf and flow-y shirt with jeans kind of girl. Cute open toed wedge sandals and accessories mandatory. Can you tell I’m ready for spring? Until then I’m still firing up the oven and baking warm melt-y carb-ed out goodness to warm me up.
Making those type of dishes doesn’t mean you have to spend all night in the kitchen. Not at all. As much as I love from scratch gnocchi sometimes I just don’t have time so I keep a few packages of good quality gnocchi in my pantry for those occasions. This short-cut keep Mom from pulling out her hair dish only has 4 ingredients (5 if you count the salt but that’s a gimme and doesn’t count on my score card). I kid not. From the minute your family walks in the door from fill in the blank activity and drops everything on the floor (tell me I’m not the only one whose kids think the floor is their closet?) you can have this on the table in about 20 minutes.
You’ll even have time to whip up a salad or toast a baguette. Or both because why choose.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Progresso. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup Progresso Recipe Starter Cooking Sauce - Fire Roasted Tomato
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon minced flat leaf Italian parsley
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a generously salted pot of water onto boil. Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain.
- Spray a small ovenproof dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour gnocchi into dish. Pour fire roasted tomato sauce over. Toss to coat. Top with cheese. Bake for approximately 6-8 minutes OR until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Garnish with parsley.