Classic Deviled Eggs
The incredible edible egg. It’s such a little powerhouse (good things DO come in small packages) and it just happens to be one of the star ingredients for the Easter season. With good reason. It’s incredibly versatile. When I think of eggs, deviled eggs immediately come to mind. They are a classic appetizer and they go with everything. This classic version uses McCormick bold ground mustard to wake up the flavors and then it’s finished with what else paprika (anyone else thinking of Blue’s Clues? Just me. Okay. Moving on.). Food should be flavorful and these little bites of bliss definitely are. Go ahead and try to eat just one.
Before you can get started making deviled eggs you have to have hard boiled eggs. Here’s a fool-proof method from McCormick Kitchens to get you perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs every time:
- Gently place eggs in single layer in large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Cover. Bring just to boil on high heat. Remove from heat. Let stand 15 minutes. (Adjust time up or down by 3 minutes for each size larger or smaller.)
- Pour off hot water and rapidly cool eggs by running them under cold water (or place in ice water) until completely cooled.
To peel the egg shells without having them look like a crime scene hit them, I’ve found the best way is to crack them on my counter top and then gently roll them back and forth between my palm. The shells peel off quickly, easily and your deviled eggs will be just as beautiful as their filling.
Deviled Eggs can be made well ahead of time and personally I think they should be, they get even more flavorful the longer they’re chilling out in the fridge. Just be sure to cove them with a little plastic wrap to keep looming fingers away. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by McCormick. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
Recipe slightly adapted from McCormick and was printed with permission.
What You Will Need:
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Mustard, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- McCormick® Paprika
What To Do:
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; place in small bowl. Mash yolks with fork or potato masher.
- Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and seasoned salt until smooth and creamy. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve
Need another option?
Offer guests variations on this classic deviled eggs by adding tarragon paired with capers, or the unexpected flavor of curry!