Grilled Ribeye with Balsamic Butter Sauce
Finally grilling season is here. I’m just a tad bit excited about this after a VERY long winter. I love the smells that waft through the neighborhood as soon as the weather has heated up (and the pollen has past ugh). People are out walking the neighborhood (and gasp actually smiling and waving), flowers are blooming, the trees are filling in and grills are going strong. It’s a good thing.
We (and when I say we I mean my husband) like to grill a lot. It’s typically, chicken, ribs, with the occasional steak thrown in. It’s not that I have anything against steak, quite the contrary, bring on a hunk of perfectly cooked (for me) medium steak any day of the week if you’re paying ; ) If I’m paying it’s more of a special occasion meal. But guess what? Now it doesn’t have to be.
Wal-Mart is helping shoppers take their grilling up a notch with its top-quality selection of delicious, juicy and tender USDA Choice Premium Beef available in a variety of cuts. Only one in five steaks is good enough to call Wal-Mart Choice Premium Beef, which has been approved by the USDA for quality. For more recipes, tips and to find a store near you, visit www.walmart.com/steak.
I took the Steak-Off challenge and picked up 2 pounds of USDA Choice Premium Beef from my local WalMart and gave it a go on the grill. Guess what? I was pleasantly surprised. It was juicy, flavorful and paired perfectly with my balsamic butter sauce.
- Steak-Over Challenge Information
Local firefighters from eight different cities will compete in the Wal-Mart Steak-Over Challenge presented by Kingsford® Charcoal, Dr. Pepper® and A.1.® steak sauce to determine who has the best steak-grilling chops in town. Wal-Mart shoppers in each city will get a front row seat to the event, which will take place in the parking lot of their local Wal-Mart store. Shoppers who attend will have the chance to join in the festivities, taste test Wal-Mart USDA Choice Premium steaks, sample Dr. Pepper and A.1. steak sauce for free, and cast their vote for best steak. The firefighter finalist from each city will compete on behalf of their station for a $20,000 grand prize in Los Angeles, the week of May 20.
Are you ready to experience Walmart’s Steak-Over for yourself? Find out why you should choose your steaks at Walmart here. We shared our winning grilling tip – now tell us yours!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.
What You Will Need:
- 2 pounds USDA Choice Premium Ribeye steaks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion - minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf Italian parsley - roughly chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat grill.
- Season steak with salt/pepper on both sides. Place steak onto hot grill and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side for medium. Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest.
- WHILE steak is resting, into a medium saute pan add oil, butter. Heat over medium heat. When melted add onion and reduce heat to low. Cook for approximately 1 minute just to soften. Add balsamic vinegar. Allow to reduce slightly.
- Pour sauce over steaks. Garnish with parsley.