Spicy Caprese Pasta Salad
One of of my most favorite flavor combinations is that of basil, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella (that’s been drizzled with a little liquid gold and a pinch of kosher salt). Pure bliss I tell you. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock you’re familiar with Caprese salad. It’s one of the reasons I grow a garden so I can have tomatoes and basil at the ready. I even make my own mozzarella every now and again (which I can’t manage to post about because once you’ve tasted fresh warm mozzarella you just can’t help yourself. It’s gone before you know it.)
Dreamfields Pasta is hosting their 3rd Annual Pastapalooza Pasta Salad Celebration and asked me to create a pasta salad recipe with an international flair. It took me all of two seconds to say yes. Pasta is my middle name. If you’re not familiar, Dreamfields Pasta, a delicious all-natural pasta with 5g of fiber, only 5g of digestible carbohydrates per serving and a very low glycemic index. Nice right? For my pasta salad, I’m turning my favorite flavors into a spicy (COLD) Caprese pasta salad that’s perfect for picnics or just because. I’m a just because pasta kind of girl.
EDITED TO ADD: Contest is closed. Thank you for your entries. Winner is #60 Melissa and has been notified via email.
Want a chance to win a CASE of Dreamfields pasta? Yes, of course you do .. GIVEAWAY: 1 case of Dreamfields pasta of your choice. TO ENTER: 1. Visit the DREAMFIELDS website, browse around, find a pasta recipe you would like to make and leave a comment with your favorite.
(bonus entries. You MUST leave a separate comment for each entry to count.)
2. Follow bell’alimento on PINTEREST and pin a photo from this post.
3. Follow Dreamfields on PINTEREST.
4. Follow bell’alimento on TWITTER.
5. Follow @HealthyPasta on TWITTER.
6. Like bell’alimento on FACEBOOK.
7. Like Dreamfields on FACEBOOK.
8. Sign up for bell’alimento’s NEWSLETTER. Legal Schmegal: Contest is sponsored by Dreamfields pasta. Contest is open to those 18 years of age of older with a valid US mailing address. Contest runs May 23 – July 5th, 2013 at midnight EST. One winner will be randomly drawn and notified via email. Winner has 48 hours to reply or an alternate winner will be drawn.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Dreamfields pasta. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 13.25 ounces Dreamfields Rotini
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chili infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes - halved
- 8 ounces ciliegine (small mozzarella balls) - halved
- 4-6 leaves of fresh basil
What To Do:
- Into a large sauce pan, bring 4 quarts of water and salt to a rapid boil. Add pasta and return to boil. Cook uncovered stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Do not overcook. Drain and return to pan.
- Add olive oil and set aside to cool.
- Once cool add, cherries, cheese and basil.