Crispy Honey Ranch Wings
There’s something about being able to pick up your food and eat it with your hands that’s appealing or maybe I just like pretending I’m a cave-girl. Regardless I’m all for it. Give me a plate of ribs and/or wings and I will go to town. The saucier the better. That’s what napkins are for. Or better yet, wet wipes, lemon scented please.
I’ve partnered with my friends at Hidden Valley Ranch to create a few recipes. I don’t think my kids have ever been so excited about a partnership. To them, Ranch is a food group. Last month I made SOUTH WESTERN RANCH CHICKEN SALAD. You did make that didn’t you? This month we’ve made Crispy Honey Ranch Wings. Yes, you’re going to need napkins and lots of them. But they’re totally worth it.
You start out by whisking Ranch seasoning with liquid gold (olive oil) and then massaging it into the wings. I find the massaging goes much more smoothly when you use a gallon zip top plastic bag, unless you just like washing your hands a lot more than usual. Then it’s under the broiler they go to create the crispy skin we all know and love. Don’t want to fire up the oven? No problem, you could easily grill these wings. You know I like options. Or if you happen to have a KitchenAid microwave like me with a CRISP feature it crisps like no ones business.
Once the wings have achieved that coveted golden tan it’s time for the sauce. Sticky. Sweet. Spicy. Almost too much to handle. Almost. Who’s ready for some wings? If you want even more Ranch flavor, serve with a side of Ranch dressing.
Disclaimer: I partnered with Hidden Valley Ranch. to create this recipe. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 2 -3 pounds chicken wings and/or legs
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 scallions - sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil and Ranch seasoning together.
- Place chicken wings into a gallon zip top plastic bag. Pour ranch mixture over. Close top and massage chicken so that it's well coated.
- Place wings on a broiling pan. Broil for approximately 35-45 minutes OR until wings are completely cooked and crisp. Turning as necessary.
- WHILE the wings are broiling. In a small sauce pan add: vinegar and red pepper and heat over low heat until warmed through. Whisk in honey and soy sauce. Continue cooking until mixture slightly thickens.
- Transfer wings to serving platter, pour sauce over and garnish with scallions.