Pina Colada Grilled Pineapple Skewers
I have a love – hate relationship with the grill. Meaning I love for my husband to grill because I’m not so great at it, in comes hate. When he’s not around (meaning at work and I have something that MUST be grilled) I break out my trusty grill pan. I have control over my gas burners and we all know how much I like to be in control. Type A much? It works like a charm and made quick work of these, get ready for it, Pina Colada grilled pineapple skewers.
Liberte’ asked me to create a pairing using their Mediterranee’ yogurt. If you’re not familiar with this Mediterranean style yogurt you should be. In my book it tops all others. It’s thick, creamy, and dreamy and unlike others.
I chose their coconut yogurt and then my mind wandered to pina coladas. Totally natural right? I picked up a fresh pineapple and after fighting with it (next time I’m going to save myself some time and buy those already cubed in the produce department) I broke out the rum and brown sugar and then my grill pan. The sweetness from the pineapple was perfect with the coconut. Put the pineapple in the coconut. Yep.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Liberte’ Yogurt. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals brown sugar
- 6 ounces Liberte' Mediterranee coconut yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- fresh mint - roughly chopped to garnish
What To Do:
- Place pineapple cubes into a small bowl. Add rum and sugar. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Spray a grill pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place 4-5 pineapple cubes per wooden skewer. When hot, place onto grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until grill marks appear.
- WHILE skewers are grilling, into a small bowl add yogurt and honey. Mix to combine.
- Serve skewers with yogurt dipping sauce and garnish with mint.
- NOTE: if you are using an outdoor grill instead of an indoor grill pan, you will need to soak your wooden skewers in water prior to using to water log them.