Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
I love eating outside. Let me clarify, I like eating outside in the spring time when the weather is nice and the bugs haven’t started swarming. There’s something so relaxing about dining al fresco (so much fancier than just saying outdoors). Last weekend after years of
complaining suggesting what an awesome idea it would be, we finally bought a small outdoor dining table for our deck. Since then we’ve eaten outside almost every night (read I was right) since and I couldn’t be happier.
If it was up to my kids we would have dessert every night. I love a big fat piece of chocolate cake with a giant slathering of icing as much as the next person but when it’s warmer I like to keep it simple, lighter and brighter. Liberte’ asked me to create two pairings using their Mediterranee’ yogurt. If you’re not familiar with this Mediterranean style yogurt you should be. In my book it tops all others. It’s thick, creamy, and dreamy and unlike others. Last week I shared my first pairing, PINA COLADA GRILLED PINAPPLE SKEWERS. They are even better than they sound and yes I ate 4 skewers. What? It’s pineapple, totally healthy.
This weekend we fired up the grill (pan) again and made GRILLED POUND CAKE paired with lemon yogurt and blue berries. No need to even grab a fork you can just pick up the slice and go to town. I’ve come to the conclusion that you can grill just about anything and you should start with pound cake.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Liberte. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 pound cake - sliced into 1 1/2" thick slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 6 ounces Liberte Mediterranee lemon yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Dixie Crystals powdered sugar - to dust
- fresh mint leaves - to garnish, optional
What To Do:
- Place a non-stick grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush both sides of pound cake with butter. Place onto grill pan and cook for approximately 1 minute on each side OR until grill marks have formed.
- Top pound cake with powdered sugar, yogurt, blueberries and mint.