Grilled Peach and Avocado Summer Salad
I’m going to try to contain myself but it’s going to be VERY hard so please forgive me in advance for my giddyness. In case you didn’t hear me squealing about it last week, I have a recipe featured in the June issue of SOUTHERN LIVING MAGAZINE. I’m still pinching myself. A national PRINT magazine asked me to create a recipe for them. Thump. That was me hitting the floor when the email request came in.
I have to admit that I was surprised when they asked me to create a salad recipe. But they are Southern Living Magazine so before I put my foot into my mouth and messed things up I said yes and thank you and are you sure and thank you. This salad is one I would gladly eat all summer. Sweet and juicy Georgia peaches and creamy avocados charred to perfection on the grill (or grill pan if you’re a grill pan master instead like me). Bathed in peach champagne vinaigrette and gently laid on a bed of peppery arugula sprinkled with shavings of Parmigiano. This salad screams summer.
Speaking of screaming, I should probably also apologize to the people in the magazine aisle in Target last week for my squealing upon seeing the issue in person after all these months. I’m sure they thought I was insane. I prefer overly enthusiastic.
What You Will Need:
- 4 peaches - peeled sliced - divided
- 7 tablespoons canola oil -divided
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 avocados - peeled, quartered
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
What To Do:
- Preheat grill to 350-400 degrees (medium high heat).
- Into a blender add: 1 peach, 6 tablespoons canola oil, vinegar and honey. Process until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Pulse to combine. Set aside.
- Gently toss remaining 3 peaches and avocado in 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt/pepper. Grill, covered with grill lid, 1 minute on each side or until charred.
- Serve over arugula. Top with peach vinaigrette (shake before using) and cheese.