DIY Exfoliating Coffee Scrub
Since our recent DIY CUCUMBER MINT SUGAR SCRUB was so popular, I thought I’d share more of my KITCHEN BEAUTY products with you. This one is made with one of my favorite things in the world – COFFEE. Otherwise known as my morning wake up call. Without it I’m pretty much useless. Now just so you know (in case it’s not obvious from my food and travel blog) I am NOT a beauty expert and make no claims that this will clear up your skin, or be a magic cellulite remover (wouldn’t that be awesome) it’s simply what has worked for me … and has for years. I’ve been told I have pretty good skin (and not just from my Mom).
I usually don’t run around screaming my age from the rooftops, that would be odd. But when I do share my digits, most people don’t believe that I am part of the fierce and fabulous club (that is the 40 something crowd for you whipper snappers. In other news did I just say whipper snappers maybe I am secretly 95). Honestly I don’t feel my age. Running around after a 6 year old helps acting silly most days helps. I think my skin looks like it does because of my at home beauty routine. As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE the spa and wish I could go once a week it just ain’t going to happen. We’re a family of 5 after all and that is a definite luxury that I only splurge on once in a while. So I make my own treatments with things already in my pantry, for PENNIES. You also control what goes IN it and therefore ON your skin. That’s a good thing.
Why should you exfoliate? It sloughs off the dead skin cells and unclogs your pores. All good things in my book. Not to mention with this scrub I have the added benefit of smelling like coffee afterwards.
- No need to use new coffee grinds, I use USED coffee grinds from my coffee maker and always have.
- This scrub is quite messy so I recommend using it in the shower vs. the sink.
- I use it for face and body, then simply rinse it off. No need to moisturize afterwards the olive oil does that for you!
What You Will Need:
- 2 tablespoons coffee grinds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
What To Do:
- Mix coffee grinds and olive oil together. It should be a scrub like consistency.
- Rub mixture onto your skin and move in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water.