Pomegranate Lime Margarita
Next to Italian food, Mexican food is probably the second most consumed food in our family. I’m pretty sure queso was my son’s first word. Not really, it was hot cheese dip. Kidding. He can put away a ridiculous amount of chips, salsa and queso though. That’s the truth. I on the other hand like to slowly sip on a little
jiggle juice margarita (you have to specify otherwise they will bring you one the size of your head that you can later use as a fishbowl). On the rocks, with or without salt or frozen Pomegranate and Lime Margarita please. Preferably with a steaming hot (give you a facial while you wait for it to cool down) plate of fajitas.
Pomegranates are in season right now. Don’t get all relaxed though and think you have tons of time. Their season is short people. You must stock up and enjoy them while you can. Sure you can enjoy pomegranate juice year long but fresh pomegranates, no sir e Bob. Get them while you can. Can you tell I’m passionate about those bulbous beauties? I am. TIP: I happen to have a how to video if you’d like to know how to open those beauties so you don’t look like you just had a hit man in your house.
If you can’t make it out to your favorite Mexican restaurant for a plateful of fajitas, Old El Paso has a new line of entrees made for two that you can have ready in no time at home. Pair it with these pomegranate margaritas and you have yourself a nice dinner in. The margarita recipes makes 6 so feel free to halve it for a weeknight.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Old El Paso. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 2 limes - cut into slices/wedges
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice - chilled
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- 3/4 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh pomegranate - arils removed
What To Do:
- Rub rims of glasses with lime wedge to moisten. Place salt into a shallow dish. Invert glasses into salt dish and gently twist to create salt rims. Set glasses aside.
- In a pitcher, add: pomegranate juice, tequila, triple sec and lime juice. For each cocktail, transfer to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, then strain into glass. Continue for each cocktail.
- Garnish with lime wedges and pomegranate arils.