No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
If you’re a fan of sweet and salty then you’re going to love these no bake peanut butter pretzel bar treats. These are easy enough to whip up in about 30 minutes – you know in case you’re craving something besides a cookie OR if you’re still looking for last minute holiday gifts (tell me I’m not the only last minute girl), home-made treats are the way to go. Either way they won’t last long. There are only a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry AND they’re easy enough that the kids can make these themselves with just a little help from the microwave. No bake remember!
The main ingredient is of course peanut butter. I used Planter’s peanut butter that we picked up at Target. I’m at Target just about every other day. I should have it listed as much second home. I honestly should have a VIP shopper’s parking space I’m there that much (wink wink). It’s one of my happy places. I love that I can pick up everything from my groceries to make-up to my favorite black long sleeved t-shirts on the planet and YES everything else in between. I also love that I can save money using their red card in addition to finding great coupons. I even have them texted to my mobile. We’re like bff’s texting and all.
Speaking of SAVINGS – right now you can save up to $20 on participating Kraft products, only at Target.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
This recipe was inspired by Add A Pinch’s Peanut Butter Bars
What You Will Need:
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- 1 1/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup roughly crushed pretzels
- caramel sauce - optional
What To Do:
- Line a 8 x 8 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl add: butter, graham crackers, peanut butter and sugar. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and using an offset spatula smooth top. Transfer to freezer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe dish in microwave according to your microwave's directions.
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter and sprinkle with pretzels. Return to freezer for additional 15 minutes OR until firm.
- Cut into 9 large squares or 18 smaller squares. Drizzle with optional caramel sauce.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.