One of my favorite flavor combinations in the world is tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese. It works. Caprese salad is probably the most recognizable way to enjoy these ingredients but they multi task like nobody’s business. Try them on pizza, in pasta, on toast and yes even in quiche. Quiche is also a workhorse of a dish. What does that mean? It’s good served hot or cold and it’s great for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. You can’t say that about too many dishes now can you.
Quiches couldn’t be easier to make. You can use a refrigerated pie crust as a time saver (raising hand) or you can use a homemade version, completely up to you. This quiche is vegetarian (hello Meatless Monday Menu) full of protein and packed with flavor the whole family will love. Okay hopefully the whole family, my boys picked out the basil but they just don’t know any better at the moment so they get a pass. For now. Luckily they love eggs and they’re cute.
I’m happy to be part of the Darling Dozen Blogger Team for Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs where I create and share egg-cellent (couldn’t help myself sorry. Okay not sorry.) recipes. I don’t have to worry about my eggs because I know when I use Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs they’re SAFE. “Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs are pasteurized in an all-natural, gentle water bath pasteurization process to eliminate the risk of Salmonella. The vast majority of eggs sold in grocery stores are NOT pasteurized. Safest Choice™ offers peace of mind when making recipes calling for raw or undercooked eggs, and removes the worry of cross contamination.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs. I am an ambassador for Safest Choice Eggs and part of the Darling Dozen. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are 100% my own.
What You Will Need:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 safest choice eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- kosher salt/pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 4 Roma tomatoes - sliced
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll pie crust and place into a 9" tart pan. Press dough into tart pan and remove excess dough. Pierce dough with fork tines. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden. Allow crust to cool. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and cream in a large bowl. Add cheese, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange basil and tomato slices on the bottom of pie crust. Pour egg mixture into tart pan.
- Place tart pan onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes OR until eggs are set.
- Garnish with additional basil if desired.