Coconut Crusted Chicken with Pineapple Jalapeno Salsa
My kids absolutely adore chicken tenders. They would eat them every day of the week if I would let them. Typically fried, chicken tenders although tasty (why are fried foods so good? Sigh.) aren’t the healthiest. We’ve hacked that traditional fried recipe and turned it into a healthier BAKED gluten free version that’s turned into a family favorite. We’re thinking it’s going to be one of your favorites as well. Yes we hacked a recipe. What the heck is a What the Hack? We’ve teamed up with Udi’s to share about their Udi’s Hackathon Challenge.
What exactly is the Udi’s Hackathon Challenge you ask?
Participants are challenged to create their own unique “food hack” using a select list of categories and ingredients (put those creative caps on). One grand prize winner will receive a cash award (hello$3K that’s no chump change), three second-place winners will receive Udi’s products. Participants will be encouraged to share their “hacks” online using the #WhatTheHack hashtag (btw best hashtag ever.) So roll up your sleeves and stir up your creativity. Entries will be judged on three criteria: Taste, Creativity and use of Udi’s product.
Can you hack it? We think so. Hurry though, ALL submissions must be entered by May 21st, 2014. YOU got this ; )
You can see all of the rules and regulations for the Hackathon Challenge at UDI’s.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Udi’s. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 14 ounces chicken breast tenders
- kosher salt/pepper
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1 cup Udi's Ancient Grain Crisps - crushed
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 8 ounces diced pineapple - drained
- 1 jalapeno - seeded and minced
- 1teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken tenders with salt/pepper.
- Place eggs in a shallow bowl and crisps with coconut into a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg. Coat both sides. Shake off excess. Dip into crisps mixture making sure it's coated on both sides. Pressing if necessary. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- WHILE chicken is baking, into a medium bowl add: pineapple, jalapeno, lime juice, pinch salt, cilantro. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Serve finished chicken with salsa.