Spicy Grilled Tuna Steaks with Garden Salsa
I hope you things HOT, besides the weather which here in North Cackalacky is already sweltering. Not that I should be surprised after 6 years of being here. What does surprise me is the bill. I’m thinking I should start a savings fund for said air conditioning bill. Sigh. We however are talking hot as in hot and spicy food. This week we’re partnering with TABASCO to bring you not one but FIVE hot and spicy recipes. An entire week of recipes dedicated to that little iconic bottle. You know the one. It’s pretty unmistakeably. That bottle has been gracing my family’s fridge for longer than I can remember. I’m betting it’s in most of yours too.
Giving us carte blanche of any and all ingredients to create said recipes would be just too easy now wouldn’t it. They’ve allotted us TEN very specific ingredients. Flour, Butter, Cheese? Um no. These aren’t your run of the mill pantry staples either. That would again be much too easy. Take a gander at the list below. This is what we have to work with this week. No substitutions no additions. Luckily I like a good challenge.
We decided to kick things off with fish. We went with a yellowfin tuna. We kicked up the flavor factor with yes Tabasco. This recipe is simple and sassy. It can be on your plate in less than 15 minutes top to bottom. How’s that for fast and flavorful and so perfect for summer.
We wanted to add a little freshness to the dish so with a little help from my garden we put together a simple salsa that brings everything together for one beautiful bite. I can see us noshing on this dish all summer long.
Stay tuned all week long to see more Tabasco inspired recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Tabasco. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own. Always have been. Always will be.
What You Will Need:
- 1 pound yellow fin tuna steaks
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro
What To Do:
- Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Place oil and Tabasco into a shallow bowl. Add tuna steaks and toss to coat.
- Heat a non stick grill pan over high heat. When hot place tuna steaks onto grill pan. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking additional minute.
- WHILE steaks are grilling, combine tomatoes and cilantro into a small ramekin. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place garden salsa on plate, top with grilled tuna steak and finish with a drizzle of oil.